Thanks for trusting Alexander & Ewert, LLC. with your legal matter. As you may have seen on the news or social media, some of the courthouses in Colorado are closing through April 3, 2020 for non-emergent hearings. As of March 17, 2020 Weld County Courts have closed for all non-emergent hearings, and Larimer County Courts have limited their hearings – no civil jury trials will be happening, and the Court is trying to do as many hearings via phone appearance as possible.
At Alexander & Ewert, we want to let you know how our office will be handling this closure. First, here’s what we ARE doing:
* WE ARE WORKING and the office phones will be answered during normal business hours. While we may be working remotely at times, rest assured that your case won’t just be sitting in a pile for several weeks. If you call in you will likely get our office-site receptionist. They are able to get messages to us quickly and schedule you for a phone-call or Zoom video meeting follow up.
* We can file things in Court. Colorado Courts have had e-filing as an option now for several years. It is up and running and won’t delay progress.
* We are still accepting your referrals! New consults may be scheduled using Zoom conferencing or other online options, but in today’s world of technology, we are still gladly serving our community.
*We have created a flat fee package for any domestic violence protection orders or emergency restrictions of parenting time due to COVID-19 during this time. Normally our emergency hearing services are offered at a flat fee of $2,000 per emergency plus expenses. We are now offering representation for domestic violence protection orders and restrictions of parenting time based on COVID issues for $1,500 flat fee – which will include the filing fee and service fee.
As for closures and other restrictions, here is the bad news:
* Some hearings are cancelled or approved for telephonic appearances only through April 3, 2020. If you have an upcoming date, you will get a call as soon as we get confirmation regarding your hearing. As you can imagine, the courthouses are overwhelmed since these changes have happened rapidly in the last few days. We are doing our best to reach out to everyone.
* We will be using social distancing at the office to make sure that we don’t add to the potential spread of the virus. As such, most of our work will be done online and via online conferencing, phone calls, and scanning and emailing documents with both you and other lawyers. If you do need to stop by please schedule an appointment with our office ahead of time. We are doing our best to keep things sanitized in our office, and to continue to offer soap and water at the door to wash both yours and our hands. Please understand that we are NOT freaking out or worried, but we also recognize that some clients have compromised immune systems and/or are elderly, and we would hate to contribute to any possible problems for them. Please be a good steward of your fellow humans and respect these temporary conditions.
* If you haven’t already, please like us on Facebook and/or Instagram. Allan and I are anticipating some fun posts on how we all can survive being stuck at home with our family members!
Thanks for your continued trust in us. We appreciate each of you.